Saturday, December 22, 2012

Coming To An End

Oh this is a little funny being that today was supposed to be the end of the world. But, sadly, this isn't about the world coming to an end. This is about my high school career coming to a fast halt. Although right now I can't wait to get out for the break, it does make me sad that next year I won't be at this school. Next year I'll be off doing something totally different and I don't even know what it will be now. I'll be at some college I have yet to choose, and I'll be trying to make new friends. This is a huge step, and I don't know if I'm ready to take it.

Within the next year I will have my last jazz competitions, prom, and spring break in high school. My brother will be going off into the marines, I'll play my last softball game, and I'll have to leave my family and boyfriend behind as I go off to college. Right now, I don't know how I'm going to do so. I see my family every day; how am I going to go months without seeing them? I only see my boyfriend two or three times a week, and I hate it. How am I going to go months without seeing him too? I'll also have to face the freshman fifteen. And to be completely honestly, that scares the crap out of me.

With all these things I'm going to hate, there has to be some stuff to look forward to. Hmm.. Making new friends isn't necessarily my strong suit, but it'll be nice being able to start over. The college football and basketball will be crazy fun! And, in a way I'll be closer to my family in Illinois depending on what college I choose. With the freshman fifteen, I guess that will be more of a reason for me to keep up on working out.
Out of all the good and bad things about going to college, the hardest thing for me will be leaving everyone I've known my whole life. It's hard realizing that once we graduate, the people we've gone to school with for twelve years will be mere strangers a year from now. It's sad, really. Growing up stinks :(

No comments:

Post a Comment