Friday, December 21, 2012

Clarification.

I should clarify on my previous post about parents. In no way shape or form am I saying that I'm upset with my parents for not telling me earlier. Knowing how upset I initially was at age fifteen, I can't begin to think about how angry I would be if they told me earlier than that. Also, I'm not mad at all that I didn't grow up with Kelly. I know how extremely lucky I am to have Rich. I know that he loves me, and he knows that I love him.

If I didn't have him in my life, I honestly wouldn't be here right now. Six or seven years ago (I think) he was taking out docks, and I was just lying on the dock, wrapped in my moms black sweatshirt. I was extremely tired so I slowly began to fall asleep. Now looking back, I realize that that was a very bad idea. I don't think my parents realized that I fell asleep until I rolled over a landed in the water. At that time I didn't know how to swim and plus it didn't help that I was wrapped up in a sweatshirt. The water was freezing, and I was fighting to get to the surface. My dad jumped in the water and pulled me out, essentially saving my life.

He did save my life, but that's not the only reason why I'm so lucky to have him. He has provided me with things that I wouldn't have without him. He has taught me so much. I realize how if I had grown up with different father, I would be totally different. If my mom would've raised me on her own, she wouldn't be as happy as she is today. That's the most important thing to me. If my mom would've tried raising me on her own without Rich, I don't think she would be very happy. Seeing how happy Rich makes my mom warms my heart.

I love both of them so much. All I wanted to get at with this post is that I'm grateful for both of my parents. Although it wasn't ideal to not know that I had two sisters all my life and that I went to school with them, I understand why it had to be this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment